Schedule Of Worship
In Babulnath Mahadev Temple 3 times worship (Trikal) takes place - everyday.
1. In the morning 5.45 to 7.00 worship takes place. * THAAL i.e. Food/Fruits offering is also served to the Lord.
2. In the mid-noon, i.e. between 11.00 to 12.00 Pooja (Worship) takes place and 'THAAL' is also offered.
3. In the evening between 4.45 to 6.00 worship takes place. * Aarti takes place and 'THAAL' offered at night 8.00 O'clock.
Everyday in the morning and in the evening shlokas of Veda and prayers are relayed through loud speaker everyday morning from 7.30 to 8.45, 11 brahmins chant daily Laghurudra in inner temple i.e. front of shivling. In corridor of Babulnath and in other temples also regular rites and workshops * (Naimitik - as per holy day or occasions) takes place.
1) Kartik Shukla 14 Vaikunth Chaturdashi at night Lotus Worship. 2) Kartik Shukla 15 At night Deepmala (Lighting of Lamps) 3) Magh Krishna Mahashivratri 4 Prahar Worship at night Shivratri Worship/rites Special Light Decoration. 4) Ramnavmi Non-stop recital (Akhand Dhun) Bhajan. 5) Chaitra Shukla 15 Hanuman Jayati Festival 6) Ashadhi Devshayani Ekadashi Festival and fair 7) Shrava Every Monday, Ekadashi, Purnima 15th August,Jamnastami, Shivratri, Amas - Ghee mahapuja, Celebration and Lighting. 8) Bhadrapad Month From Bhadrapad Shukla 4 to Bhadrapad Shukla Chaturdashi (Anant Chaturdashi) Ganeshotsava. 9) Ashwin Month Purnima Sharad Utsav and Lotus Worship. 10) In Diwali days Poojan & Annakut in Laxmi Narayan Temple
* Aarati at Night.
11) Magsar Shukla 14 Dattatray Jayanti.
The main priest imparts religious education to the Children of Staff and Children of Brahmins who sit on benches for one hour. This includes prayers, * Rudrapath, * Mahimna stotra, * Nityapuja and * Chandipaath etc., Since 1980 A.D. Sermons are delivered and brief idea is given on Religious books like Geeta in Shree Babulnath Geeta Pathsheela on every Saturday.
Since 1957, till now six HOMATMAK Maharudrayagna are performed by the trust.
Under the Chairmanship of Res. Shree Krishnashanker Shastri Bhagwat Saptah was arranged and 125 brahmins took part in reciting Bhagwat Parayan.
The idols of Ganpatiji & Nagdevta are replaced by performing *Poonah Pratishtha'.Since 1957 A.D. the Temple is up kept with colour from time to time. At present, as per rules only White Lime is applied.
In 1962 A.D. Sizeable damage was sustained on account of crackdown of thunder from the blue falling near the dome. The repair and renovation was got done from the prestigious and excellent artists and the temple was reconditioned as it was. The Eastward door of the temple is renovated and the door of the South side is got enlarged.
Formerly the Brahmins were sitting on Wooden Benches now the benches are made of Stone with Artistic carving of elephants over the same, which is in conformity with the design of construction and style of the main temple.
In different types of rites and for detailed information about the temple, the devotees and public are requested to contact the Manager on following telephone numbers.
1) +91 22 23678367
2) +91 22 23673602 (Fax)